Record demos | Arrange songs | Practice
SongFactory is a completely new way to record songs. You can record song demos in minutes, easily try out different song arrangements and even use it to accompany you as you practise.
What makes it different?
As well as providing traditional recording features, SongFactory can generate music to match your chords and tempo. The generated music isn't synthesized - it's created using samples painstakingly recorded by session musicians. You get your own session band working with you to create songs.
More SongFactory videos...
How it works
Simply enter some chords (e.g. G, Cmaj7, Em), choose which sounds you'd like from the sample library, and SongFactory will adapt the sounds to fit your chords and tempo. You can also record your own tracks (allowing you to record vocals or other instruments) and add lyrics to print out chord sheets. Within minutes, you can have a complete song ready to put on CD.
Simple to use
You don't need any previous recording experience to use SongFactory. We don't like software that takes hours to learn and so we've designed SongFactory to be simple and intuitive to use. Creating should be fun - not hard work!
- Simple intuitive interface (no previous recording experience required)
- Samples that adjust to your song's chords and tempo
- Record up to 8 tracks of your own audio
- Control the mix (even mix the session band instruments)
- Generate chord sheets
- Export your song as wav, mp3 or ogg audio files - ready for CD or myspace
- Edit the session band samples to create your own combinations
- Change key at the touch of a button
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 (with the latest service packs installed)
- 1.5GHz CPU (dual core recommended)
- 1024 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive (if buying the boxed version)
- 2 GB of free hard-disk space
- Windows DirectX compatible soundcard
- For recording, a microphone is required
- Display resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels recommended
These tracks have taken just minutes to create using SongFactory.
SongFactory example tracks
To play around with these example tracks, here are the SongFactory files for them:
Simply download them to your computer, and double click them to open them in SongFactory (you will need the trial version of SongFactory installed which is available here).